Your Central Alberta Co-op membership offers you a lifetime of rewards including the promise of high-quality products and service at competitive prices. We also offer the potential for annual cash-back and an equity account that grows over time, as well as the opportunity to get involved as a member-owner.
Earnings from the co-op are distributed to members based on their purchases during the year. Earnings are returned to members either as equity or cash, depending on each co-op’s financial situation. The cash portion is paid out to you each year.
The equity portion is your money that is being held back by the co-op to help finance the business, and maintain and upgrade assets to ensure ongoing success.
As per Central Alberta Co-op's equity policy, equity is paid out when one of the following three situations occurs:
- When you move away from our trading area — “The trading area is defined as the area encompassed by Secondary Highway 611 to the north, Secondary Highway 567 to the south, Highway 884 to the east, and west to the Alberta/B.C. border”.
- When you reach the age of 65
- When you are deceased and the equity is then paid to your estate
- When the business is dissolved
- When the member reaches the age of 65
- If the member leaves the trading area
Please see below for the equity withdrawal forms. Once completed, the forms can be dropped at Central Alberta Co-op location with the required documentation.
If you have any questions, please contact our Corporate Office at 403-343-2667 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org