Central Alberta Co-op is here to serve our members and customers with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business, being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. We live where you live, work where you work and help grow the economy right here.
We are currently looking to expand our team with a full-time temporary Gas Bar Management Trainee assisting our Red Deer Gas Bar locations. As the Gas Bar Management Trainee you are supporting the Gas Bar Managers in day-to-day operations of the gas bar departments. As a management trainee you have the opportunity to follow in a structured mentorship program with regular reviews and opportunity for advancement within the organization.
Hours: Term: Mid-October 2019 to Mid-April 2020; Full-time 40 hours/week
Flexible availability; days, evenings, and weekends
• Provide excellent customer service
• Under the direction of the Gas Bar Manager, supervise and train staff in the general operation of the gas bar department
• Assume total responsibility in the absence of the Gas Bar Manager
• Assist the Gas Bar Manager with scheduling, recruitment, and performance reviews
• Effectively plan, organize, and execute gas bar department programs
• Order and receive products and properly store or display
• Keep a clean and sanitary work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior experience in the industry is an asset but not required
• Great attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain focused on results
• Must have the commitment to complete the management trainee program
• Coaching and training skills
• Some heavy lifting is required (up to 50 lbs)
Central Alberta Co-op is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity and Responsibility. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, the opportunity for advancement and personal growth and benefits, depending on employment status. We are COR certified and committed to providing our team members and customers a safe working and shopping environment.
To be a part of our exciting story, apply today!
Please apply using the application form found below along with a cover letter, resume and three (3) work related references. Please refer to posting #19-201
You can send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to 403-406-1606, or you can apply in person to 6201-46 Avenue in Red Deer.
We appreciate your interest. However, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.